“The biggest issue we deal with when we start working with schools is to understand their concept of ‘impact’ – yes it must be more than test scores, surface level knowledge…This indeed is the first question for m[uch] which all follows. An educated person knows what to do when they do know what to do!” (John Hattie, personal communication, March 13, 2018).
Articles in this section
- What is your take on the impact of praise as reward?
- What kind of effect does passion of a teacher actually have on his/her pupils? (Are they more willing to learn in order to impress their teacher, more interested,…?)
- Do data walls have the support of most (any?) esteemed education academics?
- Is there some metric you would suggest I try to use personally to determine where my time would be best suited at these two schools with 4 classrooms of kindergarten students eager to learn to read?
- What is evidence-based practice for Resource Teacher of Learning Behavior? There appears to be very little independent research.
- How important is the feedback between teachers and students?
- What are the five most influential factors on student learning? (And, why?)
- I would like further information on the Diagnose, Intervention, Evaluation (DIE) Model, in terms of training student teachers.
- What initial steps should be taken by a teacher wishing to implement visible learning in the classroom?
- What indicators show the teachers that they are on the right track or that they must make a change?